Rose Geranium Essential Oil
The cooling, uplifting rose-scented geranium from South Africa has long been adored both for the delicious complexity of its bouquet and for the broad range of its applications. Boasting an emphatic, fragrant mix of rose and citrus, this variety of geranium is harvested from the leaves and flowers of the organic Pelargonium roseum plant. Geranium’s versatility as an essential oil is well-known amongst perfumers and aromatherapists alike. As a premier cooling oil, rose geranium assists in promoting vitality for the entire family, young and old. This uplifting oil has an overall balancing effect which extends to the skin, helping to stabilize both oily and dry skin and to keep skin supple. This oil is also widely cherished as a powerful assistant in promoting ease and grace during a woman's monthly cycle. Calming and grounding, rose geranium helps to reduce feelings of stress and worry. Its balancing effect on the body and mind makes rose geranium an excellent choice to uplift mood and to promote feelings of well-being. Widely considered a tonic oil, or an oil that adds strength to the body, its stimulating properties lift the spirit and promote sensual feelings.
Rose Geranium Essential Oil Profile
Rose geranium boasts a fragrant mix of rose and citrus; this variety of geranium is harvested from the leaves and flowers of the organic Pelargonium roseum plant.
How to Use Rose Geranium Essential Oil
- Diffuser: The scent of rose geranium is loved by many people. The fragrance is both sweetly floral as well as earthy and herbaceous. Whenever you would like to enhance feelings of positivity and calmness, add a few drops of rose geranium along with bergamot and lavender to your diffuser.
Other Ways to Use Rose Geranium Essential Oil
Geranium essential oil can be applied topically, as a compress, in the bath, through direct inhalation, or used with a diffuser.
- Use two drops rose geranium in direct palm inhalation to uplift the mood and spirit.
- Add several drops to facial creams to care for clogged pores and oily skin.
- Blend in marula oil to promote skin health.
- Diffuse rose geranium to support calm and relaxation and to create a positive and healing space.
Rose Geranium Essential Oil Recipes
- Smooth Legs: 2 drops yarrow, 2 drops cypress oil, 2 drops geranium oil and 2 drops chamomile oil in ½ oz of carrier oil. Dot on areas where you desire smoothness.
- Facial Cream (for combination skin): 3 drops ylang-ylang oil, 3 drops geranium oil and 2 drops rosewood oil blended into ½ oz of your favorite facial moisturizer.
Safety Considerations for Rose Geranium Essential Oil
Non-toxic, non-sensitizing, non-irritant. Do not take geranium essential oil internally.
Aromatic Profile and Blending for Rose Geranium Essential Oil
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Odor: Rosy, sweet, green herbaceous, citrusy, earthy
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Strong
- Dry-out: Fine, minty, rosaceous with good tenacity
- Blends Well With: Citrus oils such as grapefruit essential oil, lime essential oil and bergamot essential oil & lavender essential oil.