Sweet Orange Essential Oil
Sweet orange oil finds a wide range of use in holistically supporting the body on physical, mental, and emotional levels, while its universally appealing aroma and ease of blending make it useful under almost any circumstances and a valuable addition to many formulae. On the physical level orange oil, topically applied, can promote detoxification. This action has a positive effect assisting the body both during times of wellness as well as cold season. Orange oil, when inhaled, can settle the tummy. An overall excellent skin tonic, orange oil is used to support clear skin. In the home orange oil can be used (diluted) as a powerful grease cutter and cleaning agent.
Sweet Orange Essential Oil Profile
Our orange oil is expeller-pressed from certified organic orange peels for Floracopeia in South Africa.
How to Use Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Direct Palm Inhalation: Use several drops in direct palm inhalation to shift mental negativity and promote feelings of joy.
Other Ways to Use Sweet Orange Essential Oil
Sweet orange essential oil can be applied topically, as a compress, in the bath, through direct inhalation, or diffuser. Because of its potential phototoxic effects, it should always be diluted and dermal applications avoided before exposure to sunlight.
- Use several drops in direct palm inhalation to shift mental negativity and enliven stale air.
- Add several drops to bathwater to help eliminate toxins, boost the lymphatic and immune systems and calm the nerves.
- Add several drops orange oil to a clean damp washcloth and toss in the dryer to freshen linens.
- Add 10 drops orange oil and three drops peppermint oil to a spray bottle for a revivifying air freshener.
- Diffuse orange oil in the office or at home to create a pleasant atmosphere.
Please use safety precautions, because citrus and the sun are incompatible. Citrus oils, including orange, are phototoxic, and can damage your skin if rubbed on the skin and exposed to sunlight.
Sweet Orange Essential Oil Recipes
- Garden Insect Spray: 4 drops sweet orange oil, 2 drops grapefruit oil, 2 drops lavender oil, 2 drops Roman chamomile oil in 4 oz bottle; spray affected leaves
- Massage Oil: 4 drops sweet orange oil, 2 drops black pepper oil, 2 drops neroli oil in 15 mL jojoba oil