Clove Bud Essential Oil
Clove oil is extremely warming, like it’s culinary cousin cinnamon, and has many of the same functions in aromatherapy. Applied topically in extremely low dilution and with the help of other oils, clove oil assists in restoring ease and comfort to tired, fatigued or overworked bodies.
This oil from Madagascar has the true fragrance of fresh clove buds. Our oil is steam-distilled from the flower buds that are harvested unopened, then dried in preparation for distillation.
- Botanical Name: Syzygium aromaticum
- Odor: Spicy, warm slightly fruity; rich and penetrating
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Blends Well With: spice and herb oils such as basil, ginger; sweet orange and floral oils like rose geranium and ylang-ylang.
Note: Please see safety guidelines for clove oil before use.
- Clove oil should never be applied directly to the skin as it is extremely dermo-caustic.
- It can be applied in dilution or blends for massage, or used in a diffuser.
- Clove can be used properly diluted in dental care routines, for improving digestion and to increase alertness. Clove has also been used as an insect repellant: simply add to a mister bottle and spray as needed.
Clove oil is a mucous membrane irritant and strong skin sensitizer. Use only in very low dilution (less than 0.5%). Do not apply directly to delicate skin or near eyes or mucous membranes, even in dilution. Caution- clove oil is dermotoxic. Some people are very sensitive to clove essential oil. Do not take clove essential oil internally.