Fennel, Sweet Essential Oil
Sweet fennel oil has an affinity for soothing the body as well as the mind. The essential oil may be applied topically in dilution for these same purposes, or a few drops may be added to warm bathwater. Fennel is an excellent addition to massage oils for rubbing into joints and areas that have been stress or overworked.
Fennel has a lovely aroma and has a place in your skin care routines. As it is both astringent and cleansing, it is helpful in addressing mature skin and in balancing dry or oily skin types. Fennel can be used on most skin types, as well as throughout the year on skin that has needs changing with the seasons. Fennel is also considered a beneficial oil for maintaining or promoting youthful skin and is also helpful when skin is troubled, for example in the case of reddened teenage skin.
Sweet fennel essential oil helps nourish and restore an optimal mind and outlook. It is believed to bring strength and courage in the face of adversity. With its versatile aroma, fennel can be added to many different diffuser formulas to boost their aromatic and aromatherapeutic benefits.
Sweet Fennel Essential Oil Profile
Floracopeia's sweet fennel oil is steam-distilled from the seeds of organic Hungarian fennel.
How to Use Sweet Fennel Essential Oil
Sweet fennel can be applied (diluted) topically or used in a compress, in the bath, through direct inhalation or used with a diffuser.
- Add to massage oil and apply as needed to support feelings of well-being and comfort throughout the entire body including the joints.
- Add several drops to bath water to boost strength to the body's vitality in times of sickness or upset.
- Blend with unscented facial cream to enliven a dull complexion and to balance oily skin.
- Diffuse sweet fennel to enhance your home, as well as to boost strength and courage. Fennel is a very mild yet effective essential oil. It shines in the diffuser as it has an incredibly delicious, cozy, fabulously heart-warming aromatic effect. The aroma enlivens the appetite, both for dinner as well as for life. This is a wonderful oil to diffuse while entertaining, particularly when blended with rose and orange, as it will bring cheer to your home and to your guests.
Sweet Fennel Essential Oil Recipes
- Belly Ease Blend: 4 drops fennel essential oil, 3 drops peppermint essential oil, 2 drops ginger essential oil and 1 drop nutmeg essential oil in 15 mL of marula oil. Apply over abdomen or with compress.
- Life Transition Formula: 4 drops fennel essential oil, 4 drops clary sage essential oil, 2 drops geranium essential oil and 1 drop melissa essential oil in 15 mL of marula oil.
- Women's Moon Massage: 2 drops fennel essential oil, 2 drops clary sage essential oil, 2 drops rose essential oil, 3 drops bergamot essential oiland 2 drops neroli essential oil in 15 mL of marula oil. Apply over lower abdomen or with compress.