Cinnamon Bark Pure Essential Oil
It is one of the most recognizable essences even among those who are unfamiliar with aromatherapy. It will bring warmth to a cool day and has many wonderful uses in your home apothecary.
Pungent, spicy and warming, cinnamon nourishes and restores the body's own ability to produce a healing response. Applied topically in extremely low dilution, cinnamon oil assists in restoring ease and comfort to tired, fatigued or overworked bodies. This stimulating oil can be used for increasing the appetite. Traditionally used as a spice in cooking, in ground or powdered form cinnamon is used as a tonic to increase metabolic activity.
Cinnamon can be used to create a sensual atmosphere, so include this exotic spice to blend in your diffuser with ginger, cedar and vetiver. Diffusion of cinnamon can energize a sluggish mind and can be useful to rev up creativity throughout the post-lunch office.
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil Profile
This warm and exceptionally fragrant cinnamon oil is wild-harvested and steam-distilled from the highly prized bark of cinnamon trees from Madagascar.
How to Use Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- In the Diffuser: Cinnamon quickly warms the heart and mind with the qualities of stimulating, delicious spice. Like other spices this oil will help to open the breath and relieve heaviness and lung discomfort. Diffuse a combination of cinnamon (one drop), and 6 drops mandarin oil to encourage relaxation and lift spirits.
Other Ways to Use Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- Note: Please see safety guidelines for cinnamon oil before use. Cinnamon oil should not be applied directly to the skin as it is extremely dermo-caustic. It can be applied in dilution or blends to the palm for direct inhalation or massage, or used in a diffuser.
- Massage Oil: Cinnamon oil is well placed in a wintertime blend for your massage oil. One drop of cinnamon in 0.5 oz carrier oil can be massaged into legs, arms and joints to warm, ease and relax the body.
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil Recipes
- Four Thieves Vinegar: 3 drops clove essential oil, 3 drops lemon essential oil, 2 drops cinnamon, 1 drop rosemary essential oil and 1 drop eucalyptus essential oil in ½ oz of carrier oil. Apply to bottoms of feet.
- Deodorizing Room Spray: 1 drop cinnamon, 3 drops clove essential oil, 3 drops cedarwood essential oil, 6 drops tea tree essential oil, 6 drops lemon essential oil. Mix in 2 cups water and use in spray bottle.
- Abundance Blend: 1 drop cinnamon, 8 drops bergamot essential oil and 2 drops patchouli essential oil in ½ oz of carrier oil. Apply to bottoms of feet.